Connecting Advice in Dorset
CAiD was the lead for this 2 year project which closed in November 2015. The project was funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund, working in partnership with Shelter (Bournemouth), Dorset Race Equality Council, Ansbury (information, advice and guidance for young people), and our nine local Citizens Advice offices. The project aimed to to improve collaboration between advice agencies across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole, increase access to advice, and provide support to advice agencies in order to improve their resilience and ability to provide a quality service.
Key activities included:
- preparing a database of advice providers pan-Dorset (now on www.advicedorset.org.uk)
- supporting the development of eight Local Advice Networks
- providing 90 free training courses, attended by over 400 delegates
- running conferences for staff working in the advice sector
- establishing a Welfare Benefits Forum
- completing a joint exercise to monitor the impact of advice across 12 organisations
- providing support on quality assurance, good practice for referrals, equality and diversity
- piloting the use of new technology ( using Skype to deliver advice in rural areas of Dorset).
Visit the project website to find out more: Advice Dorset