About Citizens Advice in Dorset
Citizens Advice in Dorset (CAiD) is a consortium of the nine Citizens Advice based in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Its aim is to ensure that the people of Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole have access to the best possible advice services by promoting the work of Citizens Advice, and by supporting the development and growth of the service.
READ MORE ABOUT our work in 2016-17:
The members of CAiD are the nine local Citizens Advice in the area:
- Citizens Advice Bournemouth
- Citizens Advice Bridport
- Citizens Advice Christchurch
- Citizens Advice Dorchester & Sherborne
- Citizens Advice East Dorset
- Citizens Advice North Dorset
- Citizens Advice Poole
- Citizens Advice Purbeck
- Citizens Advice Weymouth & Portland
[From 1 April 2017, North Dorset merged with Dorchester & Sherborne; it maintains an office in Gillingham and continues to run services and outreaches across the North Dorset area]
Citizens Advice in Dorset was established as a charity in 2009 to support and develop Citizens Advice services across the local area.
- CAiD is a voice for the CAB service
- CAiD actively seeks funding for the network
- CAiD aims to achieve more efficient working across the bureaux
- CAiD works with bureaux and other partners to develop services for the benefit of our clients
- CAiD keeps up to date with the external environment and develops relationships with funders
CAiD works closely with the member offices to develop services and respond to emerging needs. CAiD works with partners across the voluntary and statutory sectors. CAiD also manages a number of projects.
CAiD has played a critical role in developing the significant growth in activity in the Citizens Advice service in Dorset. This has a direct beneficial impact on the people that use the service.
Read about our work and projects in 2015-16:
If you would like to donate towards Citizens Advice in Dorset, you can do so here.
Please contact us for further information.